Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Just some background

For those of you who may not know exactly why I am going to Uruguay, I thought I would take a moment to explain. Before graduating I was forunate enough to win the Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship allowing me to study abroad for a year. I wanted to study sustainable development and continue with my Spanish which led me to a very unique program in Bolivia. Unfortunately I was unable to go there in October to due civil conflict in the country. 

I then began searching for a new program which I eventually found in Montevideo, Uruguay. I will be studying the first year of a Master's degree in Sustainable Rural Development at the Universidad de la República. I will also be working with the Rotary clubs to initiate service projects as well as give cultural presentations to the various clubs. I have to give my gratitude to all the Rotarians that made this opportunity possible and I hope to make a difference while there. 

So that's the 30 second summary of the next year of my life. I hope it was informative and it encourages you to come visit me on the beaches of Montevideo.

No comments:

Post a Comment