Monday, February 16, 2009

¡Ya me voy!

Well it's official, I am leaving tomorrow. I'll fly from Omaha to L.A. where I get to spend my 9 hour layover with my friends in California. Then at midnight I'll hop on a plane to San Salvador and then finally to Montevideo, Uruguay. 

First, I want to say that I am really happy that I was able to see and say goodbye to so many of my friends before I left. Seeing so many of you at my going away party reminded me of how many great friends I have and I can't wait to see you all again.  Also, if any of you have a desire to come visit, you have a place to stay and I will do whatever I can to help find the cheapest travel arrangements.

Secondly thanks to my parents for all the support over the years. The only reason I have this great opportunity is because you were there to tell me that I could do anything. Kind of ironic that you are partly responsible for me leaving for a year :)

I guess that's all for know but I'll do my best to keep you all in the loop. Be in touch and I'll do the same.

Hasta luego,
-bd-

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your weekend surfing on the beach of Punta del Este, checked it out on google looks like alot of fun and weather will be 75 degrees so be safe and have fun! Will look forward to pictures of the beach! Love Always Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bradon,

    I'm the D5650 Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar from 2007/2008. I am so excited for you and your adventure you're about to begin. To be honest, I'm a little jealous. Good luck to you! Rotary is a great organization abroad and you'll be glad you have their support. If you ever want advice from a former scholar please email me any time: angelinepetak@hotmail.com. I'm looking forward to reading your blog.

    Angeline Petak

    ReplyDelete